If you live in our service territory but do not have a service line to your location already and would like to find out what that would involve, you will need to complete the following:
- Download and fill out a Service Line Application (PDF). Be sure to list the other utilities that serve your location and if there are any other underground lines of which we should be aware. Bring this and proof of ownership of the property into one of our offices to begin the process. (If you are not the property owner, you will need their notarized permission to have a line installed). The Application does not commit you to a line, but is a way of gathering some information on other utilities and underground lines and calculating a price for the line.
- Someone from CNNGA will come out and measure the distance from the main line to your building. This will determine the cost of the service line. Please make sure you are there in person or place a stake to indicate the desired location of the meter. We will make all attempts to accomodate your request, but we are bound by current code.
- Once you have been contacted with the cost, this amount will need to be paid in advance to secure your place to have a service line installed.
- The cost of the service line includes connection to the main line, underground installation of the service line, and the placement of a meter. Additional piping from the meter in to the various gas-burning appliances is an additional charge. See a Customer Service Representative for further details.
- The quote on the service line will expire 45 days from the submission of the application and must be restarted at that time.